Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Mothership and I have a time-long Christmas tradition of munching our way through a gratuitously large box of luxury chocolates over the course of the holiday period. This year I have thrown caution to the wind and taken our luxury standards up a notch or two with an 18 piece box from Paul A. Young. I am particularly looking forward to the mulled wine truffle and white orange snowball!

His sumptuous shop in Camden Passage is like a box of chocolates in itself - clad in decadent purples and heavily scented with the smell of cocoa. I especially like the fact that, more often than not, I find Mr. Young himself present in the shop. Not hiding behind the scenes like some agoraphobic Willy Wonka, nor lolling about under a palm tree as the cash rolls in, Paul A. Young is there to see, first hand, how his chocolates are consumed and enjoyed.

This, I'm sure, contributes in no small way to the fact that a recent Boing Boing post (one of the most read blogs internationally) waxed long and lyrical about the delights of Paul's chocolate - garnering hundreds of comments, most of which bemoaned the fact that he does not ship oversees. Tough luck yankees, more for us brits!



Click this for details, www.paulayoung.co.uk
And recently feted here, http://www.boingboing.net/2008/12/13/paul-a-young-fine-ch.html on the internationally acclaimed blog, Boing Boing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Hi Camilla - thanks for the lovely comments. I was wondering if I might ask you for a hi-res copy of that lovely photo? I'd like to use it on our website.

    I hope you enjoyed your 18 piece box. Which were your favourites?

    Bests,

    James.
    - Managing Director, Paul A Young Fine Chocolates.

    ReplyDelete