Pheasant hunting season is upon us, so I'm heading off to the country-side (you know - that green thing that daddy owns) for a spot of jolly old tramping through sodden undergrowth and avoiding getting shot. But, before I depart I'll leave you with my top 5 essentials for - god forbid - leaving London!!
5. When one descends en masse upon a friend's coutry pile, it is only respectable to at least begin the weekend as the model guest. Bring a token from the city and remind them just how much they're missing. This hamper from Laduree should go down a treat.
4. If you must wander out of the confines of the M25 you at least want to fit in on the sartorial front without relinquishing any of your dedication to style. Hunter wellies are just the thing for striding over vale and hill and will go on to do many a weekend on the festival circuit come summer. I recommend this blinging silver pair - well, at least you'll match the 4x4!
3. When the weekend is devoted to long walks in the pouring rain, endless polite chit-chat with lecherous retirees, and preventing the labradors from worrying sheep, one may as well spend it half-smashed. A discreet hip-flask from Aspinals hidden about your person should do the trick.
2. If it's good enough for the royal family, it's good enough for you - just so long as none of your city friends catch you in it, obviously. The Barbour jacket is weatherproof and has enough pockets to leave the Prada tote at home out the rain.
1. Last, but not least, once you've earned your hearty game dinner and your roses on your cheeks, one of life's great joys is to snuggle down infront of the fire with a glass of port and a good book.
*Camilla is back on Monday*