Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

A blog's life

According to Wired, blogging is dead. I'm not quite sure what they're basing that on, but, in my view, it couldn't be further from the truth. Certainly, I am often coming across corporate blogs which have petered out and have been left unattended since March of last year and, at the other end of the spectrum, I am constantly hearing of good blogs leading on to bigger and better things. Namely, a high-profile job for Susie Bubble at Dazed and Confused, a book deal for Wife in the North and international fame for Perez Hilton. But that is not to say that what goes on in between is not unique, profound or vital.

I read a whole host of blogs on every topic from design to news to cooking and nearly always find them way ahead of the game in terms of information and trends. Indeed, when I was working for a product development agency, we relied heavily on the blogs to give us an insight into where the 'buzz' was.



From a personal point of view, blogging is like pushing back the fur coats and finding Narnia. Suddenly the normal, everyday world around me is a mine-field of ideas. From my camera phone to the Internet, I can harness the modern world and tie it down to make one succinct and immediate point. It costs me nothing, I don't have to get approval from an editor and if people don't like it they can just click on.

Blogs may die when their owners go to critical acclaim heaven, but blogging is far from dead. It is very much alive and kicking.

Click here to read the Wired article

No comments:

Post a Comment