Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Virtual wardrobes

Several months ago Camilla's Store signed up to a Top Shop consumer research evening (every girl has her price and mine is my travel expenses and £40 in ToSho vouchers). Reading between the lines, their main point of interest seemed to be whether or not they could make friends with us on Facebook. It seems even Top Shop has insecurities!

Facebook remains strictly for friends, but I have noticed a proliferation of new websites catering to the social networking of retail wishlists. My Fave Shop and Shop Style are two sites entering the public consciousness.

As a seasoned shopper and Amazon wishlist addict, I can see the appeal of these kind of sites but I wonder where the line is between 'check this out' between friends and surreptitious data gathering amongst companies.



No comments:

Post a Comment