Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

All a-Twitter

There's good news and there's bad news.

The bad news is that I've spent the past 4 days trying to find "social media interns" who can use Twitter to come and help me on a project at work. I had visions of hundreds of eager, credit-crunched, tech-savvy young things contacting me desperate to prove the business application of their online social skills. Strangely not. Of the few who did respond all of them faked their Twitter acumen, only to be rumbled when I asked if I could "Follow" them. So if it's not young people making the UK the Most Twittery Country, who is it? I'm confused.

The good news is that I do use Twitter and, slowly but surely, have gathered a following on my work Twitter of nearly 700. Last week I decided to conduct a little experiment in order to promote a film a made (see below). I uploaded the video onto Vimeo at 2pm on Thursday, put a Tweet out, asked a couple of friends to Tweet it, uploaded it onto the Creative Review feed and by Friday had totted up 1,000 hits. Unbelievable. The power!!

Moving Brands/ Moving World from Moving Brands on Vimeo.